Monica is an energy therapist with HOLISTIC LONDON. She offers coaching and healing services for individuals and organizations.
Visit Monica's services here
I recently move from a quiet, little village on the border of lake Zurich, Switzerland to the city of London. In Switzerland, I enjoyed living close to nature and having a five-minute commute to the office. In summer I would often take a quick swim over lunch time or after work.
Since moving to London, I have been feeling exhausted and tired at the end of the day, when previously I would be up for any kind of activity or social events. I have come to notice that I am being greatly affected by the constant noise level, pollution of cars and public transport, and bumping into hundreds if not thousands of energy fields as I commute and walk around the city.
Researchers have discovered that people in close proximity tend to fall into sync in heart rate, blood pressure and a host of measurable metabolic processes. The physical body responds more slowly than the energy body. The energy body of one person, however, matches the frequency of another person’s energy body much more quickly.
If your energetic boundaries are already weakened by noise, pollution or worrying thoughts, merging with other energy fields may leave you feeling irritable and cranky at the end of a long day because you lost our energetic equilibrium. You might have lowered your energetic vibration by coming in contact with too many unhappy, angry, or depressed people in the grocery line, department store, tube or at the office.
While studying Energy healing at the Barbara Brennan School of Healing, we were taught “cleansing” rituals to re-establish our own energy equilibrium when working with clients, and I have adapted them here for every day life:
- Burning sage or incense and let the smoke move over and around your body.
- Also, you can burn Epsom salts by adding some high percentage rubbing alcohol, which cleanses the space without adding much scent or smoke
- Mixing some lavender oil with water in a spray bottle and spray a mist all over and around your body (I always carry a bottle with me and spray when I feel I need it).
- Swimming in the ocean or natural lakes or if a natural source is not available to you
- Taking a salt bath at home (Epsom or sea salt) which is equally effective, especially when you set the intention to release the dull, foreign energies into the water.
- If you are traveling and none of the above is available to you, take a luke-warm shower or a brisk walk in a park or nature; this can also help to clear through your field in order for you to release foreign energies and come back into your own, clearer energy body.
Try these simple methods and see how they work for you! In addition, you can work with me or other energy healers with Holistic London, to heal and restore your energy field to its most vibrant state.