Karen is an Eating Psychology Coach. She is the creator of the Conscious Eater Programme: Changing your thoughts about food to transform your body and your life.
Find out more about Karen's work here.
Last summer I watched the film Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, the story of Joe Cox who used juicing to cure his illnesses and lose weight. I thought it was so good that I had to rewind it and watch again. Throughout the film, I was feeling somewhat guilty because I had a brand new juicer, still boxed, sitting on top of my fridge for more than 8 years and NEVER been used!
I decided to have one large juice a day in the morning. And, after 10 days I noticed something quite remarkable – I hadn’t had a glass of wine since I started juicing!
Backtrack to my daily habits before I started juicing, I used to come home after a long and stressful day at work and reach for the red wine. Although I only had a couple of glasses, this was two too many and it had become a very unwanted habit.
So, you can imagine my joy at realising I hadn’t even thought about having a drink. I have continued to juice regularly and can report that I no longer crave red wine or any other alcohol and only have one or two alcoholic drinks in social situations if I feel like it.
There are many benefits to juicing and I shall outline some of them here:
- You can increase the amount of vegetables and fruit you eat in one sitting as all the ingredients are concentrated into a juice mixture
- You can disguise vegetables for children (and squeamish adults!) in with fruits
- 95% of vitamins and enzymes are rapidly absorbed in the bloodstream and transported to your cells
- Juices contain living enzymes, essential minerals, antioxidants, natural antibiotics which are all vital for our health
- Results include apid repair and strengthened immunity, strong bones, glowing complexion, weight loss and so much more
All of the above are vital for our health.
You will be pleased to know that this summer I took part in a 7 day juice cleanse and won the top prize!! It was a weekend away at a juicing academy and I had such a great time. I am now totally hooked on juicing and juice regularly throughout the week. How about taking one of my juice challenges and start your day with a freshly squeezed juice?
Stay tuned for upcoming blogs for fabulous juicing recipes, or contact me directly:
If you would like more information about juicing, please contact Karen Thorne, Eating Psychology Coach and creator of The Conscious Eater Programmes on 07784 529371 for a free 30 minute Transform Your Relationship With Food consultation.