Almira is an anti-ageing and rejuvenation specialist with HOLISTIC LONDON. She specializes in easy and efficient ways to help her clients look and feel younger and more vital each day. For more information, visit here
"Recently, I broke my toe. As I limped back from the hospital in pain, toes strapped together, I got a real taste of what it would be like to be 85 and in failing health. These are just some of the things I’ve had to deal with since….
So I ask you to consider for a moment:
· What would it be like to be in pain day in, day out, every day?
· What would it be like to struggle out of bed and get someone to help you into and out of the shower?
· What if you had to hobble about with a cane?
· What if every day you felt tired after a couple of hours of pottering around the house?
If you keep doing what you’ve always done, this is what you’ll have to look forward to in ‘old age’ – this, and more. You’ll grow old (and infirm) by default.
That never appealed to me. Probably doesn’t appeal to you either.
There’s another route – the path where you grow younger, not older, with each passing year. This is not snake oil or an empty promise, but rather an approach to living that is scientifically proven to rejuvenate your body. Based on studies of some of the healthy, long-lived peoples of the world, there are a few key components to a long, healthy and happy life.
1. Eat according to C.R.O.N. – calorie-restricted, optimally nutritious foods, with an emphasis on fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds, and small amounts of meat and dairy products. Eating less aids your digestion and eating highly nutritious foods gives you more energy.
Follow this simple rule:
Eat as close to nature as you can –viz., locally grown, seasonal organic produce and wild foods such as foraged plants, fresh fish, and small amounts of game.
2. Get the right kind of exercise every day. As we age, we lose muscle mass, and one of the best ways to restore youthful looks and vigour is by doing regular weight bearing exercise to build muscle. And of these, the most effective way is through HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training. 15 minutes a day is all that’s needed, once you know the technique.
3. Laugh. Be sociable. Connect deeply with the people who matter most to you. Share your food, your joys and your burdens with them.
That’s it. Simple really."
Contact Almira if you’d like to join one of her 15 minute HIIT exercise classes and grow younger, slimmer and fitter.
 Abkasians, Hunza, Vilcabambans, and Okinawans